Sunday 27 March 2011

Saturday Shoot

My first thought when I heard we had class on a SATURDAY was “nooooooooooo”. Anyway, luckily I was pleasantly surprised by the day and it turned out to be a lot of fun. We firstly helped out Gabby’s group which, whose idea was simple yet brilliant as it ran so smoothly. Incorporating the bee was a great idea, and at the end of their film the bee ended up chasing me so I’m sure I am going to look hilarious trying to bat it away and look scared... Acting is not my forte, but all the same, it was fun to be in front of the camera for a change!
On the way back from their shoot, our group gathered up some gorgeous petals that had dropped to the ground to include in our shoot which was based around a picnic. We took some inspiration from Andy Goldsworthy through the use of a set up of pine cones and petals around the picnic. We were ahead of time at this point which meant we had plenty of time to set up and organise ourselves. I felt we worked very well as a team together and had a lot of fun rehearsing eating our picnic! We got a few interesting looks from passers-by, and whilst we were rehearsing, three of my roommates happened to walk by... I think they are even more baffled by my Film degree than they were before, but I also think they are a little bit jealous! Whilst we were filming SOMEONE managed to somehow throw Emma’s phone in the river, which provided some extra entertainment for us all! I think she has now put it in some rice in an attempt to salvage it...
Obviously the footage in is black and white, which doesn’t show just how vibrant the set up was – a red and white checked picnic cloth, pink flower petals, red flowers, different coloured tea cups and saucers, a neon green parasol and so on. We took a few colour photos on Emma’s digital camera because it did look really cool.
Drying the film was hilarious. We did a few laps inside Kenan, before going outside to run around the courtyard whilst Barrett filmed us with the remaining film on the regular eight camera. It was a great idea to get some behind the scenes footage to remember the day by – if I had to do this activity every Saturday I would be happy, it really was so fun! I was also extremely hungover (my bad) so I’m glad we had this on as it made me forget to feel sorry for myself quite as much as I would have otherwise!  Great, great day and luckily our footage came out! From the first viewing everything looked pretty good. J

No comments:

Post a Comment