Friday 22 April 2011

The last two classes

I have loved the last two classes for 6x1. It’s refreshing to do something different and feel as though the class is working as a team, rather than competing with each other. I feel like competing with your peers can often be the case when it comes to more traditional classes. Creating the 3D film was really fun. We couldn’t think of what to film for ages, and for a while considered getting Cory’s dog to take the lead role but decided to go for human pinball in the end. Think we may have got a little over excited and disturbed the class next door, (sorry) but it was totally worth it. I’m always surprised at the different ideas than can come up when a group brainstorms. I definitely think working in a team is so much better than working alone for something like this, as everyone can bring different perspectives to the project and the more input there is, the better the end result will be. The film looked really cool in the end, especially through our homemade 3D glasses. I chose to make mine sort of aviator style and Leanne showed me how to write my name in Japanese which looked pretty good!
When we were told to bring blankets and food to class, I was pretty confused about what we would be doing. I guessed it would be for some sort of screening though, and as it turned out, we made our own rough theatre by building a fort with a makeshift screen in order to watch our assignments. I thought that was a really good idea, it got us all involved and it was great to see everyone’s video race projects. Mine wasn’t shown until last and I became kind of nervous – it is a little bit scary showing your work to your peers! But luckily everyone seemed to find my film amusing which is what I was going for... I would also like to say that Leanne’s dip was soo yummy J I went home and told my roommates what I’d been up to in class and as usual they were pretty jealous and I have a feeling they didn’t quite believe me. It is rare to be building a fort in a university classroom, but I think it’s great! I have said this before, but we don’t have any classes like 6x1 at home, so I’m grateful for the opportunity to be given a lot of creative freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment